Monday, October 12, 2015

Autumn Photos Upper Peninsula of Michigan

I took a walk today to a park and recreation area near me. It was windy out, very windy, in fact so windy that the leaves were falling so fast I am afraid if I didn't take photos today I may not have found a day with sunshine that the leaves were still on the trees. Unfortunately, I didn't realize my camera needed to be recharged and so after about 12 photos I was unable to take more. But just as well because the rest of my walk I was able to take in the sights and smell of autumn without it being through a camera lens.
I am sharing some of the photos from today and from past autumn days (all in September or October, but varying years) from several areas of the Upper Peninsula including Ishpeming, Canyon Falls, Munising, Fayette State Park, and the Houghton area. Enjoy!

Photo taken at Canyon Falls in Michigan's Upper Peninsula in 2010 after a lot of rain. I have never before nor after seen the falls quite as amazing and raging as they were this day. 

This photo was taken in Alger County, Michigan in 2010, Laughing Whitefish Falls.
This photo was taken somewhere along M28 between Marquette and Munising.
Michigamme, Michigan. I spotted the train on my ride back from Houghton and waited for it at a roadside park. Love the photo I was able to capture as it went by.

Ford Forestry Center, Alberta, Michgan, outside of L'Anse on US41.

Various photos from the Houghton, Michigan area including the Quincy Steam Hoist and surrounding buildings and Houghton Breakwaters. Also Lake Perreault in Houghton County and some back roads I believe near Atlantic Mine.





Some of my favorite fall photos have been taken at Fayette State Park on the garden peninsula in the U.P.


These photos were taken at Tahquamenon Falls State Park in Paradise, Michigan.


And here is a couple of the photos  I took today in Ishpeming, Michigan.
As you can see, the Upper Peninsula of Michigan is a beautiful place to be in the autumn when the leaves are colored in hues of red, orange, and gold!





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous! I <3 Fall! You have captured the essence beautifully!

Art on Products Blog said...

Your autumn pictures are lovely. I especially like the water one with so many reflections.

Carolyn said...

Such beautiful photos. I love the Fall colors of the USA, not someething we see quite so vividly here in the UK.