Sunday, November 07, 2010

Gardening Gifts

I love gardening and I know I'm not alone in that passion. Whether it's veggie gardening or flower gardens I'm working in, the peace and feeling of accomplishment it brings me is like no other hobby. It's amazing to me...the wonder of a tiny seed sprouting, reaching toward the sun, and with the nutrients from the soil, sunshine, and water, that it can grow to be a beautiful pansy or a large, orange carrot. This summer I planted four garden beds with beets, carrots, zucchini, onion greens, radish, peppers, spinach, lettuce, tomatoes, and cilantro. I enjoyed the veggies as did my family members. Even more though, I enjoyed the planting, the weeding, and the harvesting. I had a lot of stresses these past several months with family members being ill, and at times, only while working in my garden did I feel completely at peace. Reflective. Memories. Problem solving. Calmness. A feeling of being a part of the earth. The big picture. Life.
If you or someone you know loves spending time in the garden, whether they are just starting out or they are a master gardener, perhaps they'll love a gardening theme T-shirt, hoodie, tote bag, mug, magnet, or other item. Gardening theme items make great gifts for anyone who loves spending time in the garden planting, weeding, or just enjoying the sun and the beauty of what they have planted.













Heirloom Tomato Gardener shirt
Heirloom Tomato Gardener by GardenObsessions
View more tshirts designed online at zazzle



No comments: