Saturday, January 16, 2010

Ice Fishing




I went ice fishing a couple of times this week. It's the second and third time ever for me, and years since I've last gone. Although we didn't catch any fish, the experience was one of which I enjoyed. With the underwater fish camera we were able to watch as schools of minnows swam by. The air was fresh and clean, although rather cold, but I wore plenty of warm clothing and good waterproof boots and mittens. I think what I found I like most about ice fishing is the serenity and calmness of having nothing to do but jiggle the line. No phones, no computer, no internet, no house to clean up or dishes to do. I brought along a book to read, but never did. Ice fishing was one of the most relaxing experiences I've had in some time. Hopefully next time we'll even catch a fish!














If you like ice fishing, you might like some of these cute winter and ice fishing designs on ice fishing T-shirts, mugs, cards, stickers, bags, and more from Peacock Cards!
Stick Figure Ice Fishing Shirt shirt
Stick Figure Ice Fishing Shirt by stick_figures
Many t shirt designs available at zazzle



Daddy's Ice Fishing Buddy shirt
Daddy's Ice Fishing Buddy by toddlersplace
Many more t-shirts online at zazzle.com


Penguin Ice Fishing mousepad
Penguin Ice Fishing by toddlersplace
Create mouse pads online at zazzle.com

No comments: