Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Celebrating Dad

Often, like now, when I'm working memories pop into my head, memories of times spent with my dad when he was still alive. He died as a result of pneumonia, often common with alzheimer patients, about five years ago. I miss him so much, but the memories I have are good ones that make me smile and make me feel that he's really not so far. He's in my heart.
Dads have a way of making their children feel special, and even though there are seven of us kids, I think he somehow managed to make each one of us feel like we were his favorite. My sister and I joke about that sometime.
To everyone who still has their dad, celebrate him! Let him know you love him, care about him, and make him feel special, not only at Christmas or Father's Day but every day. I found some really nice Dad shirts, mugs, mousepads, bags, and other items for Dad at TeeShirtsTShirts Awesome Tee Shirts and Gifts, a member of Union Eight. Hope you like them as much as I do.

No comments: