Thursday, October 16, 2008

You Big Turkey!

I just looked down and saw that it's 30 degrees right now according to my weather bug, which is always right incidentally. 30! Thirty! That is technically cold enough to snow! It's not that uncommon at all where I live in the UP of Michigan to get snow before Halloween. I remember several Halloweens when it was an absolute blizzard. It usually melts and then arrives back again sometime mid November to stay. And then we'll see plenty of the white stuff right through April at least. I'm not exactly looking forward to it. Icy roads, more flu and colds, chapped lips and hands, heating bills, shovelling, scraping ice off windshields, what's to love? Well, there is the first snow, that's always very pretty. And of course there is building snowmen, sledding, the taste of big soft snowflakes falling on your outstretched tongue, the way the world seems to just slow down, moonlight on a clear winter night, the glisten of the sun off a frozen, iced branch. Ok, there are some good things. And then, there's always Thanksgiving and Christmas!
I have some good memories of Thanksgiving. It's always been a tradition in my family for someone to have big meal and have everyone over for dinner. The past several years my daughter has been the one to invite everyone, and things change as families change, but one thing is always a tradition with my family and most perhaps on Thanksgiving, and that is having a big dinner complete with turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie. The smell of a turkey cooking while watching Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade...yum!
It kind of makes one wonder just how many turkeys are cooking that day across the US. I'd imagine quite a few! And so I did a bit of research to find out. According to Turkey Trivia at infoplease.com, the US Department of Agriculture says more than 45 million turkeys are cooked and eaten in the U.S. at Thanksgiving—that's one sixth of all turkeys sold in the U.S. each year!
It's no wonder the turkeys are revolting! It's no wonder they are threatening to hide the murder weapon and hiring lawyers! No, I haven't gone insane, but I have had more than my share of laughs looking at these hilarious Thanksgiving turkey designs offered by Thanksgiving T-shirts And Gifts!

Mens T-Shirt - Thanksgiving Turkey Lawyer shirt

Mens T-Shirt - Thanksgiving Turkey Lawyer
by thanksgiving_tshirts

No comments: